Saturday, May 2, 2009

I'm on a roll......

While working on project 1 during my sewing classes I decided to take on an at home project. When I was looking through the pattern books at the store I came across this one shoulder strap flared dress...totally cute.  After starting the project I quickly realized that the pattern specifications were not within my skill level.  It actually took me a couple of days to figure out the pockets.  Miguel eventually said I should just sew it without pockets and when the instructor covers that in class then do a project with pockets....LOL!  Well, I didn't take his advice and I pressed forward and eventually prevailed!  Now the zipper on the other hand was a different story.  I spent a considerable amount of time trying to figure that thing out.....so I waited until it was time for us to cover that in class and then completed the zipper in the dress...the finished product was near perfect! 

Zipper giving me trouble.....



Zipper Victory!!!



Project 2: Strapless Flared Dress 
Paired with black leather belt & black open toe boot....HOT
(Once I finished the dress I did not like the one strap so I made it strapless...I love the finished product!)




2 comments:

tebe said...

I've always struggled with zippers...and never even tried my hands at pockets.
Hats off to you!

Sew Anastasia said...

Thanks....it was a challenge!