Thursday, May 7, 2009

Fabulous Fabrics......

In preparation for projects 4 & 5 I went on a fabric hunt, I love looking for fabric. The fabric hunt is one of the many things I enjoy about sewing. My hunt usually starts and ends at one fabric store in particular......Gail K. Fabrics. I love how they proclaim "we cater to a more sophisticated sewer." The fabric in this store is simply amazing, definitely the best you will find in Georgia. Miguel went with me once and found a few fabrics he wanted to have tailored for suits; needless to say with the price per yard for the fabric I will not be making those suits....at least not anytime soon. I also visit other stores to search for fabric but I don't usually find anything that shouts....buy me. Although, one of the fabrics below did come from a craft store.

This fabric will be used to sew a Maxi Dress! Spring/summer 09 is the year of the Maxi. I can't wait to start this project!



This fabric will be used to sew a flared skirt; required for my Level 2 project. The name of this fabric is Love Scroll....


No comments: