Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hem me up.......

Due to my new found talent I was asked by my mother-in-law to hem her 2 NEW pair of jeans!  Honestly, I was a little apprehensive because 1) the jeans were new 2) I've never hemmed jeans before 3) they are my mother-in-laws new jeans (I want to stay on her good side)!  To complete this mini project I simply turned the existing hem under, took the appropriate measurement....had to make sure it was even all around, pressed the pant legs and completed a Top-Stitched Hem.  Needless to say my mother-in-law was happy with the outcome and she knew I could do it!  

It's amazing how we sometimes doubt ourselves and once we complete the task at hand we can't believe we doubted in the first place.  It's important to realize that if we are fearless and doubtless concerning the small things in life then we will have no fear when it comes to the more complex things in life!  I'm off my soapbox...... for now!

Before..... 


After.....


2 comments:

iLiMa said...

Fearless & Doubless! New Summer Motto!

Sew Anastasia said...

Exactly!!